View Single Post
Old 12-11-2009, 11:01 AM   #34
DH
United_States
Re: Dan Harden's PA Seminar

Quote:
David Orange wrote: View Post
Best of luck with all that. I'm meeting the Atlanta guys tomorrow and there's definitely a ton of interest there from some guys who love hard work and low recognition! Just let me know what you need from me.

Best to you.

David
Hi Dave
That sounds great. I'll call you in a couple of days.
To be clear I didn't want to do a "seminar" with a bunch of strangers I'll probably never see again just so they can check me off their dance card, BTDT. I don't like "dog and pony shows" and being another ingredient in someone's "beef stew collection" of what they call their martial arts. "Hi I'm Johnny. I do Aikido and Systema and Daito ryu and Iai, and karate, and, and...internal training, and anything else that draws my attention that I can completely suck at, but I can tell people I do it." Most people will never pursue this seriously enough to make a real difference, so I don't care to form any sort of relationship with them.
It sounded like you guys are already yaking with each other, and can vouch for each others work ethic and interest (Dmitri is another guy like that). So hopefully we can just get to work instantly without all the explanations and overviews. Then maybe we can form a group that can meet a couple of times a year to sweat together.I hate the heat...hate it!!, So maybe winter and fall.
Resend the list if you don't mind. I might want to add a guy or two to it.
Talk to you soon
Dan