View Single Post
Old 04-02-2007, 03:21 PM   #127
DH
United_States
Re: Ki-Aikido or Taiji - effectiveness in developing Qi?

Unbelievable!
Kevin:
Dan why do you just do static pushing?
Dan
Its a training tool to test the solo work We fight. I punch, kick, do takedown resistence, ground fight, submit and choke
Kevin
I can't understaind the value in static training
Dan
Its a training tool to test the solo work We fight. I punch, kick, do takedown resistence, ground fight, submit and choke.
Kevin
I can't see how training with aikido people meets my interest in what you do . Do you just use it in aikido?
Dan
No we use it in MMA. I do MMA. Its a body method trained in solo work. It strengthens the bodies connections and useable strength. With it we fight. punch, kick, do takedown resistence ground fight, submit and choke.
Kevin
As I said, I have my own criteria, as selfish and personal as it maybe, so admittidly that is what I am using to try and understand this. I am not trying to be judgemental or negative, only trying to understand it based on that criteria. My criteria is mine. I donlt know if this is relevant to BJJ or grapplling
Dan
Its been used many times against BJJ. We use it in MMA though. I do MMA. Its a body method trained in solo work. It strengthens the bodies connections and useable strength. With it we fight. punch, kick, do takedown resistence ground fight, submit and choke.
Kevin
Obviously I see value in this type of training as I continue to study Aikido, and certainly anything that improves my ability to understand body movement and kinetics as it relates to Martial arts is worthwhile.
Dan
All I am interested in is how it relates to MMA. We fight. punch, kick, do takedown resistence ground fight, submit and choke.

Kevin
I'd say that someone that has designed/codified a program of study that provides a methodology for core practices with aliveness training would be on the right track, and it would keep me from having to study both aikido and BJJ.

Dan
Its tailor made for martial arts of any kind. particularly MMA. We fight. I punch, kick, do takedown resistence ground fight, submit and choke.

Kevin
I just don't understand how any of this is relevant to a more real environment. Where you would punch, kick, do takedown resistence ground fight, submit and choke.

Dan
Its a training tool to test the solo work We fight. I punch, kick, do takedown resistence ground fight, submit and choke.

Kevin
Why don't you talk about these things :how what you do relates to punching Kicking takedown resistence and chokes. I'm only interested in how I can actually use it.

Dan passes out.....
Dan wakes up with a question
Why doesn't any one. Any...Single....One......Ask men who have experienced this, what they think?

Why?

think I figured it out
They truly are not interested in any answer at all. It is why there is no direct question to the many who have felt these skills. Mike had it right.

Those who were interested have gotten out. What remains are those here who came in with an agenda, are unwilling to entertain new information. The interested ones have gotten out to try it.
It's why the debates no longer have meaning.

Dan

Last edited by DH : 04-02-2007 at 03:36 PM.