Old 08-30-2009, 09:24 AM   #11
David Orange
Dojo: Aozora Dojo
United_States
Re: Bill would give president emergency control of Internet

Quote:
David Skaggs wrote: View Post
Gee, are you sure,

"During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet. "

by Al Gore

David
Anyone with a little intelligence and honest thinking knows that Gore meant that he took the initiative in opening "DARPANET," as "the internet" was originally known, to public and business use. He was a leader in that initiative and in that regard his statement was completely true. He never claimed to have invented DARPANET.

Anyone really naive and gullible and without a knowledge of the history of "the internet" would fail to understand that the entire backbone was created by CIA/NSA through DARPA. Anyone knowing that this thing is, at heart, a US Government Issued structure would understand that no nook or cranny or backwater of cyberspace is free from US Government penetration, influence and, ultimately, US Government ownership and control.

Typically, I find that people who harp on Gore's statement are only now noticing the wholesale devaluation of American freedom and think that the last eight years of Cheney/Rove cabalistic power-grabbing are the work of Barack Obama.

It's really sad to see.

"That which has no substance can enter where there is no room."
Lao Tzu

"Eternity forever!"

www.esotericorange.com