Thread: Ueshiba's Aiki
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011, 08:42 PM   #177
wxyzabc
England
Re: Ueshiba's Aiki

Quote:
Ken McGrew wrote: View Post
Lee, the argument that Dan and others have made is not that teachers have failed to communicate what they knew but that modem Aikido is 1) no good, and 2) no one after O'Sensei (or maybe Saito Sensei) could do Aikido as O'Sensei wanted. It's not a straw man that I've set up. It is what they have said. They've made numerous claims. When I disproved their arguments they did not answer. They still haven't answered. Now Chris, and yourself, are pretending the bold claims weren't made.

Your claims that both Ikeda and Saotome Sensei's see "the inadequacies" of their art is not what they have told me.
Ken

Please be careful about what you state in my name. Careful reading of my post will show that just is not the case ...my opinions and understanding...are my own.
You have a bit of a bee in your bonnet, so I feel I do not wish to continue this conversation with you or say much else...I'm stepping out now... but for the record I've always admired Saotome sensei's aikido...his beautiful expression of the art is wonderful

Kindest regards

Lee