View Single Post
Old 03-15-2003, 03:01 PM   #12
Qatana

Dojo: Aikido of Petaluma, Petaluma,CA
Kevin please read my post gain. I never implied that anybody has said anything about Me.

John, i know this person has said a lot of insensitive and cruel sounding things, yet he (as well as one former member) has some extremely sensible and valid points to make.

my point is that i Want to change the way i present myself or make the point i am trying to make. And I am wondering if anyone out there has achieved what i am attempting.

Some people think its the other guy who needs to change- so I can try to change the world's negative perception of who I am and create a huge struggle against the rest of the world when they disagree, or I can take that struggle within myself and change the way I relate.

Thats what I want aikido to be for me. The place I can, i guess be my own uke.

somwtimes people are percieved as attacking when they are only trying to Share.maybe it would be good practice to , before jumoping down somebody's throat in self defense, we ask first--is this person intentionally attacking or does it only sound that way?

when I am able to ask myself that question in any situation where i feel threatened, before i "hit back" that is what i consider aikido.

Q
http://www.aikidopetaluma.com/
www.knot-working.com

"It is not wise to be incautious when confronting a little smiling bald man"'- Rule #1