Old 05-30-2012, 07:21 AM   #223
David Orange
Dojo: Aozora Dojo
United_States
Re: Spiritual and i/p

Quote:
Graham Christian wrote: View Post
It's big time stuff is it?
Yes, Graham. In the US, it's like arsenic. We have another little thing called "the race card," which is a dirty tactic generally used only by cowards.

Quote:
Or only when you want to make a point? You seem to take what a person gave as an analogy, once again pointing out bad behaviour, rather personally.
Don't be just willfully stupid. It was made as a personal attack of a calculated and vicious type. There was no call for it. It was wrong, to begin with. Asking a questionable character to prove his claims has nothing to do with "blaming a woman for being raped because she was wearing a short skirt." And to suggest that it does has no usefulness and no good intent. It's precisely the kind of attitude we very commonly find among people with ineffective aikido. They can't do, so they have to tear down those who can by any means necessary, typically by kuchi-waza, spreading untrue rumors about people, claiming (as some do about Dan) that the person in question will hurt you on the mat and so on. The toughest, most honest aikido I ever met was extremely dangerous for the average person only because it takes serious concentration and technical excellence. The "softest" aikido classes I attended were always where I was most likely to get a cheap shot.

Psychologically, Mary's comment is an attempt at castration, nothing more or less. Good thing mine are brass.

Quote:
It was not a personal attack. Wow. Some people love playing the victim in order to get others in trouble. Look at yourself not others I say.
You're a victim only if you let the low-life succeed. So now you're saying that the woman who is raped is trying to get the rapist "in trouble". Didn't the rapist do that himself? Mary made a seriously wrong comment and simply showed her true colors. Whatever "trouble" arises from this came in with her. So look at yourself. The bad behavior is in equating our efforts to protect aikido's hard-won reputation for valorous action to "blaming a rape victim". It shows utter lack of character and the refusal to apologize for it shows an attitude of superiority born of having never experienced real struggle.

"That which has no substance can enter where there is no room."
Lao Tzu

"Eternity forever!"

www.esotericorange.com