View Single Post
Old 01-18-2014, 05:08 PM   #31
robin_jet_alt
Australia
Re: Banned from Aikido...

To me, the issue is not what the OP does, it is that he is representing his dojo. The minute he publicly mentioned his dojo, he started representing them. Firstly, I'm pretty sure the dojo doesn't want to be represented by those who go around getting into fights, but more importantly, if the dojo were to be represented in a fight, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't pick a rank beginner to do it. The OP needs to realise that 6 months is not a long time to train and that a "yellow belt" (what is that, anyway, 5th kyu?) does not imply any sort of ability. What would happen if you lost the 'fight'? I imagine that would not make your dojo look good. When Ueshiba gave 'tacit approval' to his students doing this sort of thing, I'm pretty sure those students had a reasonable amount of ability beforehand and that he was pretty sure they would represent themselves (and him) fairly well. The OP implied earlier that he thought he would win because aikido was "better" than krav maga etc. That is another mistake. I'm sure everyone on this forum, including myself, have a great appreciation for aikido, but when it comes to a fight, the amount and intensity of the training, combined with the innate physical ability of the person has much more impact on the outcome of a fight than what martial art they practice. So, this girl had the temerity to think she is a better martial artist than you? So what? I think I'm a better martial artist than you. I think everyone who has replied to this thread so far is a better martial artist than you. But, I'm not even close to the best at my dojo, so I'm not going to represent them in a fight with you. If you want to prove that you're better, come to the dojo and you can have it out with whomever sensei picks (probably himself, but if you look like enough fun, you might get a few other volunteers). If you want to prove that you are better than someone who practices krav maga, go to her dojo, see her training, and if you are not convinced, challenge her sensei (without mentioning where you train). If you want to prove that the aikido that you practice is better, get someone with experience and ability to prove it. That is not you.

Quote:
John Robinson wrote: View Post

I don't mind doing martial arts, i quite like it actually. i just don't relish the moments when i am taken aside by a senior and given a bollocking. Like i said already, I don't think i deserve that.

OKAY?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
No. It's not okay, and yes you do deserve it.