View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008, 11:03 PM   #9
Abasan
Dojo: Aiki Shoshinkan, Aiki Kenkyukai
Malaysia
Re: Misogi - The diet part

"So there was no misogi diet for O Sensei, only 'balance'. I have mentioned the brown rice and miso regime in the Kanetsuka household and the closest thing I have ever been to a misogi diet was a small group of us surviving for two whole weeks exclusively on brown rice (the best California long-grain variety available in London) and green tea. I lost several kilos, became quite 'spaced out' on occasion, and remember that yonkyo somehow became much easier to accept--and do."

LoL... that's kinda funny.

Anyway, I seriously don't know how the diet is going to change my body. All that I'm doing is trying to find healthier food to ensure my continued well being. I just recovered from cancer last year which was the reason I missed aikido for 2.5 years. And during the course of my treatment (including complementary medicine), a lot came out about the types of food that we should take...

It was striking that they generally were slanting towards alkaline promoting foods... typically I get those using supplements like EM water, barley greens, spirulina etc etc. And then somewhere along the line I read about Osensei's misogi diet thingey... so that got me interested.

I asked one of my sensei and he told me he practice a Balanced diet. He eats enough but not a lot and he eats what is available or what he wants. I read about seasonal foods as well... and the cold and hot food diets. It all makes a lot of sense to me, so what I wanted to do was draw up a list of similar foods from different diet types. Hoping that by statistical 'mod' analysis I can identify the most effective food or food type.

The only diet that sort of turned me off was the blood group diet. Err might as well not eat anything.

Thanks for the reply.

Draw strength from stillness. Learn to act without acting. And never underestimate a samurai cat.