View Single Post
Old 09-03-2011, 04:34 PM   #97
graham christian
Dojo: golden center aikido-highgate
England
Re: Golden Center Aikido for your pleasure

Quote:
Tim Ruijs wrote: View Post
I stand corrected when you say to have made statements about effectiveness. I have just become just as bad as the others I am afraid.

Practise or not, like I said earlier: there is no morning Aikido, no evening Aikido, no wednesday night Aikido, just Aikido always. When you allow yourself to slack for whatever reason you are off the Path. That is why I said it is not consistent.

I would be interested to know what you think of Alain Peyrache (or Tamura Sensei for that matter). Alain has some promotional vids (stills and very short movies) but at least give an impression. Tamura Sensei has much more material available.
Now I am not telling you this to convince you, merely to show perhaps a quite different approach. I am sure others may provide teachers of similar quality.

Lastly, like Henry said respect your audience. Also the ones that do not respond...
Hi Tim.
I did look up Alain Peyrache Sensei. Lots of stills and a few very short videos so not too much to go on there. However there was enough for me to see a very accomplished Aikido Teacher. When I watch videos I look for the pluses rather than to criticise. When I saw students practising and many 'failures' I smiled at how the uke's were not throwing themselves. Very good.
I'll go look at some Tamura ones.

I know the approaches very well so don't think I am in the slightest unaware of the various and indeed expected approaches. My approach is the different one.

That doesn't make me put down any approach though. I admire all Aikido. They are all different and so they should be.

Thanks for your thoughts. Regards.G.