View Single Post
Old 05-22-2003, 10:27 AM   #62
opherdonchin
Dojo: Baltimore Aikido
Jeff,

While I sympathize with some of what you say, I also find the way your are saying it to be awfully harsh. I think Jo is right when she (he?) says that you are confusing your opinion for a statement of fact. For instance, I happen to agree that the most useful way to understand Ki is a non-physical understanding. I also think of this is as 'fact' -- that is, something that anyone could see if they took the time and energy to figure it out clearly.

I also know that there are a lot of people who have taken time and energy and see it differently. Do I think I see more clearly and deeply than them? Honestly, sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. However, let's say, for the sake of argument, that I really do see more clearly and deeply than them. What of it. I can't change the way they see. The best I can do is do my damndest to understand the way they see, to immerse myself in it and accept it, and hope that this will lead to change for both of us. I think this is what Jo mean when he (she?) said "i am still trying to make uke see MY point instead of me trying to see from their point of view."

Yours in Aiki
Opher