View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013, 02:03 PM   #1
Mary Eastland

Dojo: Berkshire Hills Aikido
to ki or not to ki

Quote:
Henry Ellis wrote: View Post
Matthew

No need to bury this comment in a bottle in your back yard - I think this is one of the most sensible comments on this thread.
For the record I have been studying Aikido since 1957 - not the occasional week end course - but at length with the likes of Kenshiro Abbe Sensei - Nakazono Sensei - Noro Sensei - Assistant to TK Chiba Sensei.

Kind regards

Henry Ellis
Co-author of `Positive Aikido`
http://aikido-stories.blogspot.com/
I started a new thread with this quote because it makes me ponder the theory that I have read about that your ki will just happen if you keep training. Has that happened for people?

I notice that some people that come to train with us from other places are more centered than others. I wonder if that t is because of the individual or because of the style they come from.

I know that ki exists because I can feel it...I can also feel when people do not have it. A man who was at our seminar this Sunday has trained for many years in another style yet he was asleep at the wheel. I could see and feel how his movements were all produced by thought. How can you have mind and body co-ordination when you are thinking about every move you make?

To have ki the mind has to shut off judgement and just move with the body.

Just some random thoughts feel... free to jump in with your.

Last edited by Mary Eastland : 08-07-2013 at 02:05 PM. Reason: title change

Mary Eastland

Dare to Tenkan