View Single Post
Old 03-07-2001, 05:46 AM   #15
TheProdigy
Dojo: Aikido Kokikai Delaware
Hey, I've only trained in 1 dojo and have seen 1 seminar (jujitsu actually, by Moses Powell). It's really only because I'm new to the art with about 7mths involvement, but only 3mths actual study time. I'm really interested in traveling in the near future, and so I expect in about 6mths when my traveling really gets underway I'll be seeing plenty more dojos.

I also like studyin in 1 dojo consistently (or for a few months steadily), as personally I think it helps to allow you to really understand the instructor and their teachings better. At my dojo, about half of the actual techniques that we practice were formed by my sensei. As I travel I'll undoubtedly stay with a single dojo for about 3mths before traveling elsewhere after trying a few dojos out. I just think you learn more, because people get a feel for what you know, and can help instruct you better as a result. Of course, I could be wrong on that. But anyways, that's my story...

-Jase

Jason Hobbs
"As you walk and eat and travel, be where you are. Otherwise you will miss most of your life."