View Single Post
Old 07-15-2008, 02:26 PM   #75
Misogi-no-Gyo
Re: Seiseki Abe Sensei video....whats going on here?

Quote:
Dan Harden wrote: View Post
Actually it is and it is from my largely Western mindset as a Christian. I was attracted to Aikido for its stated goals. I left because I didn't see it being able to fulfill them. Actually I found DR and Koryu jujutsu, Judo and taiji far just as capable if not more so of completing Ueshiba's goal of peaceful resolution.
Fair enough, Dan. I would ask you to clarify how any of the peaceful resolutions of which you speak are like that of O-Sensei's Aikido. By the way, I am not saying that they are not, but I am curious to see things from your perspective.

Quote:
Now, I find Aiki to be the penultimate of of the potential for non fighting. I don't want to talk about me except to say I have stopped some rather interestingly capable people without hurting them.
With love Dan? Or was it more with the lovely techniques of Aiki, I wonder?

Quote:
There are many methods and means to neutralizing power without aggression Shaun. Aikido does not and never has had a corner on it.
Unlimited, in fact.

Quote:
Ueshiba got Aiki from Takeda, then caught on to using aiki in a way that could be less violent. Though he most certainly has been a violent man himself.
Yes, Dan, quite correct, but from where I stand Aiki and Aikido are two very different things. From where I stand I think you might say that they are different versions of the same thing. Of course, I could be wrong about what you might say, or you could be wrong having said them.

Quote:
Practicing the physical form is but one aspect, and not the greatest.
Amen, to that, brother! Amen, to that.

I no longer participate in or read the discussion forums here on AikiWeb due to the unfair and uneven treatment of people by the owner/administrator.