View Single Post
Old 05-27-2009, 03:42 PM   #75
David Orange
Dojo: Aozora Dojo
United_States
Re: Obama's Spending vs Obama's Spending Cuts

Quote:
Mike Sigman wrote: View Post
Cite please? I say once again that you're simply making it up.
Right. And I made up the Viet Nam war, too. And we don't really have a constitution in the US. I made that up, too.

Come off it, Mike. It was widely reported, commented on and discussed throughout the print and broadcast media at the time. Bush had the intelligence briefing and he chose to ignore it. Clinton's people advised him that Osama Bin Laden was going to be the NUMBER ONE concern for the US from 2000 on. And Bush ignored all of that.

Quote:
One of the truly amazing events in US history was when Clinton's National Security Advisor, Sandy Berger, stole and destroyed Clinton commications prior to his testimony before the 9/11 Commission. He didn't destroy documents because they would help his testimony, did he? As usual, the Bush admin was criminally negligent by not pursuing the actions of Berger and Clinton himself, in an attempt to be "bipartisan" and let bygones be bygones. That's why I'm all for having a commission to investigate Bush, Cheney, and so on. If they broke the actual law, fry 'em.
You've mentioned Berger many times now but you've never made it clear what he did or how it affected anyone. Next to Bush's crimes, Berger jaywalked. You're trying to distract us from a murderer by pointing to a jaywalker!

Quote:
But from now on, let's pursue crooked administrations like Clintons and others to come without the silly "let's be diplomatic" approach that Bush took.
There must have been something about Bush himself in those papers or he surely would have prosecuted Berger and anyone else he wanted to hit. He put 155 people to death as governor of Texas. Diplomacy and mercy have never been his calling cards. The "compassionate conservative" morphed into the Torturer of Earth but he still smirked and chuckled and still thought it was a big, funny joke.

Quote:
Let's fry everyone if we're going to fry anyone, right? At the rate Obama is trying to circumvent the law and democracy, I suspect there's going to be plenty to go after and I would like to feel certain that he is pursued with the same vigor that the Dems are pursuing Bush.
When I see them prosecute Bush and Cheney, I'll have concern about how vigorously the Dems are "pursuing" him. Otherwise, we might as well throw open all the prisons in America because only the worst murderers on Death Row match the crimes of GW Bush.

David

"That which has no substance can enter where there is no room."
Lao Tzu

"Eternity forever!"

www.esotericorange.com