View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 08:23 AM   #30
MM
United_States
Re: Multiple attackers, using their idea of what is happening against them

Quote:
David Soroko wrote: View Post
A research can not be *spoon fed*, it is either presented or not.
Glad you noted that. By your definition, my research has been presented. I guess I'd have to say, then, that *your* due diligence into finding my research is lacking. "your" being plural and addressing all those people who have not done the proper looking into threads here on aikiweb for this research.

Quote:
You *state* that you made a research and it seems that you are happy with your conclusions, whatever they may be - we don't know. This is not the same as *presenting* in a coherent and clear manner. Here is an example how one can go about this
Without actually taking the time and going through Aikiweb, how is it that you can state so clearly that the research is *not* there?

Quote:
Perhaps it is more accurate to say that after reading Aikido Journal, various books and blogs you formed some sort of personal opinion. There is nothing wrong with that, but don't expect people to accept your opinion as a fact.
Actually, no, it isn't a "personal opinion", but then again, you'd know that if you'd taken the time to research aikiweb for the relevent research. Or taken the time to read through the back issues of Aikido Journal, Black Belt magazine, Aikido Today, aikido books, etc. Why should we accept your opinion that you think what I've done is "personal opinion" when I've done all the research and you haven't?

Quote:
Regarding "hobby", as in "An activity done regularly in one's leisure time for pleasure", I think that most of the members of this forum fall into this category (including you perhaps) so the remark about "hobbyist" doesn't make much sense to me.
Let me try to clarify. Hobbyist meaning someone who trains aikido 1-2 days a week on average but puts many other things in his/her life above aikido. Someone who only trains when they go to the dojo. As opposed to professional teachers who teach aikido for a living, people who train 3 or more days a week, or people who put in training time outside the dojo trying to excel at aikido.

Quote:
BTW, the common theme to the videos is "leading the actions of opponents", the strategic goals are different off-course, but hopefully you can see the similarity.
Actually, there is no similarity there. The receiver does his utmost best to not get grabbed. The receiver does his best to not have physical contact. The receiver uses feints to trick defenders into stepping anywhere else than where the receiver wants to be.

Morihei Ueshiba moves to the attacker and initiates physical contact. Ueshiba uses that physical contact to direct (with "soft power") the attacker elsewhere. Ueshiba takes the attacker's power away from them such that the attacker cannot defend against Ueshiba's "soft power". There is no feint and there is no evading such that Ueshiba doesn't get touched.

The differences in the two videos are like night and day. One is Ueshiba's aiki while the other is good football strategy via athleticism. Completely and utterly different.