View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 10:01 AM   #78
renshin

Dojo: Renshin Aikido Dojo, Horten, Norway
Norway
Re: Vantage points

Quote:
Ernesto Lemke wrote: View Post
IOW can these skills, without actual exposure be discussed on Aikiweb?
I really don't think so. Before seeking out Dan at your place, Ernesto, I had read hundreds of posts by him and others. It made me curious, but I had no idea how to start doing this myself. Or how it really worked. Even if there are some quite detailed explanations available in written form. And I was actually worried that if I actually did something, I'd end up spending a lot of time going in the wrong direction.

When I was finally shown this stuff and felt it myself, the things that I'd read made perfect sense. They were suddenly something tangible and something I could feel in my own body. I got a terminology for the methodology, and a path to follow.

Trying to learn anything about this without direct exposure to someone who knows it is, IMHO, not possible. If you do go to a seminar with Dan, however, you will be greatly rewarded. Not a single day has passed since last April without me thinking of this stuff and trying to figure out how it works both mentally and physically.

And now, the discussions here and elsewhere, and Dan's statements, make perfect sense. I still suck at it, but at least I know why and can discuss it

Yours friendly,

K. Sandven

Blog: My Life In Budo

Aikido • Tenshinshoden Katori Shinto Ryu • Daito Ryu Aikijujutsu Roppokai