View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 09:30 PM   #17
Malicat
Dojo: Suenaka-Ha Aikido of Bloomington
United_States
Re: No respect

Quote:
Anonymous User wrote: View Post
I am astonished at the undertones of mockery. Being an interpersonal issue, I would think there would be a decorum of respectful sensitivity which would be exercised kindly in this matter. I don't train in Aikido or understand it's customs. I don't not speak the nomenclature of Aikido, or understand the Aikido way handles things. It is foreign to me. I was simply doing someone a favor whose command of English is limited.

Reading the comments and my knowledge of my friend's concern, who is kindly asking for help here, has shown to be a mighty mistake. Based on my decades of experience and training as a Chaplain, the assumptions I made here have never been more wrong. Too bad this hasn't been a good productive resource for my friend as she wished. Too bad she has made assumptions. Is this the standard for Aikiweb to have its members mock others when they seek help? I don't get treated similarly on the car forums when I ask for help.
Honestly, I am not seeing any mocking. I checked over the thread, and I see one comment about using a higher rank from another school to come over and sort things out, a few comments on how that passive aggressive sort of technique is either a bad idea or a good idea, and another joke about that. At no point did I see either of you being mocked. I'm sorry if you didn't like the answers that we gave, but several answers were given. The person can have a conversation with the Sempai and do her best to make it known that the attitude is not appreciated in a manner that is not offensive, the person can leave and study at another dojo, or the person can choose not to do anything and deal with it. There really aren't a lot of other options in this situation.

--Ashley