View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 03:08 AM   #32
Mario Tobias
Philippines
Re: HELP! I'm being bullied in the dojo!

Quote:
Anonymous User wrote: View Post

The ONLY reason I can think of as to why he's treating me this way is because of my success. I work really hard, and I'm approaching his rank rather quickly, and because I'm always at class and study, I know the names of arts better than he does.

It doesn't help, either, that everyone keeps talking about me, senseis included. They keep talking about how I'm ready for my next test (I JUST took one), and how I'll be getting my hakama soon, and how I learn fast and already know most of the arts below bb, and how everyone learns a lot from me because without enough weight underside during arts, I'll go flying across the mat. I'm grateful that everyone is so supportive, but it makes me uncomfortable that they keep talking about me. I just want to blend in.

I think it's silly to be jealous of someone who simply works hard, but it's the only thing I can think of. I plan on talking with my sensei about it, but I'd really appreciate any thoughts.
hmmm, let's see. Looking at how you're describing the situation, probably you are attracting too much attention to yourself. If I were you, I'll try to keep silent for a while and not seek attention. See how that turns out.