View Single Post
Old 03-22-2007, 07:11 AM   #64
Mike Sigman
United_States
Re: Ki, Aiki, Aikido. The 'internal stuff' that never left Aikido

Quote:
Mike Haft wrote: View Post
With regards to the push to the chest etc (what I'd probably refer to as the standing naturally ki test), it has, as with all ki soc tests got many different levels of skill and testing difficulty. May I ask you to describe which of these levels you have seen and tried in the Ki Soc derived dojo you've visited Mike? It would be helpful in dissecting this and determining if we really are just talking about the same thing here.
I discussed the levels I've encountered in Ki-Society stuff in other posts, Mike. I think we discussed this recently, IIRC, so it's pointless to re-hash it. When you say you "know others who can do it all", you either know some people who are at the extremely high levels like Chen Xiao Wang and others, or you are hyperbolizing. My inclination is to simply avoid getting into another wasted discussion once you say you teach something or already do all of it or have teachers that do it all. Either way it's a dead-end conversation... you either actually do already know everything or you're simply another of the many teachers who's sure he already knows everything. If you do know everything, it's pointless and rude to ask you again to show something indicating you do have all these skills; if you don't know everything it would be wasted time to get into a peeing contest. I say good luck to you.

Regards,

Mike Sigman