View Single Post
Old 09-17-2000, 07:48 PM   #5
Brian
Ai symbol

I'm compelled to agree with Nick. Of course, being the suave, smooth talker that I am, my verbal aikido didn't need much work before it got to be top notch *breaths onto his finger nails and proceeds to polish them on his gi with an overly smug look on his face*

But to be perfectly honest, I haven't really had any experience with this. About the only time I've used my aikido outside the YMCA mezanene was to block the arm of an annoying senior who was going to slap be on the back of my head because of a sarcastic comment I made. But, I would guestimate, from the techniques that I have seen and performed, they might get a few bruises, scratches, and maybe a pulled muscle. Whiplash might be an extreme, or a minor concussion if they don't tuck their head in when they go down, but I couldn't see anyone not being able to walk/use a hand/function properly after getting "aikidoed." If they take advantage of an ice pack and a few hours of uneventul television viewing, they should be fine. Then again, I haven't seen much of the entire aikido spectrum, and this guess of mine only comes from the beginning techniques that I have performed. I'll now end on that awkward note of "here's my opinion, but it's probably not very legitamite."

-Brian