View Single Post
Old 10-26-2013, 07:30 AM   #117
HL1978
Dojo: Aunkai
United_States
Re: "IP/IT/IS" vs technique?

Quote:
Michael Varin wrote: View Post
Uh... Have you read my posts in the thread? I even gave dictionary definitions.

Let me say this, everything I did in Hawaii was a technique. No question about it. I guess these were the body conditioning methods of "IP/IT/IS". Really, this topic isn't that complicated. If you are not prepared to recognize technique, I don't know what to say.

On a side note, if everyone who posted actually read every word of every thread that they post in (like I have always done), I think we'd be making more progress.
Sure you presented definitions of the word technique, but never quite stated how you saw IS training as a technique nor defined how you see techniques in martial arts training. That leaves it open for the reader to interpret the post with whatever bias they have or infer that you may have.

I think its clear that you were not referring to waza, however the meaning of your first post is not as clear as it could be. Were you considering elements one is trying to condition to be techniques which are later applied? Were you considering conditioning exercises to be techniques? Were you considering the role of intent as a technique?

If you want to take a very broad interpretation, then everything in life may be considered a technique or application of a technique (I don't think many people would disagree with that premise at a very high level). I assume however, that you weren't looking for a semantics discussion.