View Single Post
Old 07-03-2007, 08:04 PM   #1206
ChrisMoses
Dojo: TNBBC (Icho Ryu Aiki Budo), Shinto Ryu IaiBattojutsu
United_States
Re: Baseline skillset

Quote:
Mike Sigman wrote: View Post
If your contention now is that Akuzawa and Rob had nothing on you, as you're seemingly implying, and that it was just a matter of them getting you into odd positions, why not just state it.
That has never been my contention, nor is it my implication. You were the one who brought up my being caught "flat footed" in Japan and I felt that warranted a response.

I can't make it any clearer than this: I mistook your initial comment to say that it was impossible that my ryuha (that you have never seen) has anything that could teach a silk-reeling *like* movement. I do not think you could say that without more information than I know you have. You later clarified what you were saying to the idea that there is no way I could possibly know enough about silk reeling to state what I had. You are probably right, I know what I feel when I'm *trying* it but I am no one to say if it's anywhere near right, so please disregard my comment. It *is* true that what *I* am doing internally when *I* practice the *very little bit* of silk reeling that I know is *very easily applied* to several kata from my ryuha. I however am not in a position to offer that as an example as I am simply not skilled enough at silk reeling to say. That last sentence should be read in all honesty, it was not sarcasm. Surely you don't have a problem with that?

Quote:
Mike Sigman wrote: View Post
As it stands, both you and David seem to bail and start name-calling when actual facts enter the discussion.
Perhaps then you'd like to demonstrate your personal distaste for name calling by admitting that perhaps it was rude to call the head of my ryuha stupid, or is that asking too much? Or if you'd like to explain how calling someone's teacher 'stupid' is not a personal attack that would be fine too. Or is my asking that another personal attack? It seems reasonable to me at this point.

Chris Moses
TNBBC, "Putting the ME in MEdiocre!"
Budo Tanren at Seattle School of Aikido
Shinto Ryu Iai-Battojutsu