View Single Post
Old 12-10-2006, 10:38 AM   #53
Mike Sigman
United_States
Re: The Man In The Ice Cream Suit

Quote:
Cady Goldfield wrote:
Oh? And why do feel that you need to act any differently at an in-person aikido seminar than you do on Internet forums? Why can't you just correct their erroneous beliefs in the same frank way that you do here, accompanied by the "no-suffering-the-fools" sarcasm when the person expressing the opinion is completely off the mark or, in your opinion, is a total buffoon? I'd think that even a 12-year-old boy should learn to suck it up and take it.
Er... Cady... did you get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning? My light-hearted comment was meant to be more of a reason for not commenting on the thread. If you want to discuss my adventures, you need to start another thread, please.
Quote:
I'm wondering, too, why you actually went to a seminar of an art you no longer practice, and of an instructor whose operating principles seem at odds with what you now practice and understand. Especially if you had no intentions of correcting the problems. Film at 11?
I actually had a good reason or several. First of all, and most importantly, I wanted to see/hear a Japanese-speaking American who had studied directly with Tohei Sensei, so that I could hear some of his idiomatic translations of what Tohei said and meant.

But it's another thread,Cady. Next time I get ready to go out of town, I'll check with you first.

Mike