View Single Post
Old 07-31-2009, 11:21 AM   #33
DH
United_States
Re: "Internal training, Aiki, and empowering Aikido" Seminar w/Dan Harden

Sorry I have been unresponsive for the last couple of days. I have a family member dying of brain cancer. With all the associated issues surrounding that it is taking up much of my focus these days.
Just wanted to say thank you for the well wishers. I am sure we will have fun.
Fortunately, I have conformation that there are going to be many local teachers who have been training with me for a couple of years on hand to help with some hands on work. More importantly, they are willing to answer questions about:
How they are training?
What they are training?
What they personally are focusing on?
How this has affected their Aikido?
What do they see for the future in their training?
The repercussions, up the chain and down the chain?
etc etc.
All will be on hand for lunch and some will be on hand for dinner after. Getting some alone time with them to ask questions and compare notes without me in the room might prove beneficial for some great talks; one professional to another.

The purpose and goals of this endeavor are to benefit students and teachers of Aikido together. For these teachers to offer their time and experiences to fellow teachers of the art, for free should not go unnoticed by the community.
I continue to hope we can take ownership of the arts and help serve each other with an open hand.
Look forward to meeting everyone.
Thank you
Dan