Old 10-06-2009, 02:28 PM   #14
Mark Freeman
Dojo: Dartington
United Kingdom
Re: Has something changed in Aikido?

Quote:
Allen Beebe wrote: View Post
Changes in Aikido that I have noticed:

1. I used to almost always be the youngest in the dojo/seminar.
2. I used to think that I could and would "master" Aikido.
3. I used to think that after after I accomplished "______" I would be fulfilled.
4. I used to think that after accomplishing "_______" and mastering Aikido I would be a) more attractive, b) more popular, c) greatly respected, d) full of power and wisdom, e) essentially new and improved, and f) that would bring me lasting happiness.
5. I used to think that if I just learned "_____" I would be unconditionally martially viable as if that would make me invulnerable.
6. I used to think that "rank" represented something tangible that I could comprehend.
7. I used to think that articles of clothing might represented something beyond articles of clothing.
8. I used to think that if I had better "stuff," I was better somehow.
9. I used to think that another human being could and would save me from my human failings and frustrations.
10. I used to think that I could "push myself beyond my limits" before I found that all I really needed to do was learn that I was more limited by my beliefs than by reality and truly learning my limits is quite liberating.

There are more changes for my Aikido but I've reached the "limits" of my time.

Cheers!
Allen
Hi Allen,

Excellent post, thanks, permission to plagarise and use it outside of this forum?

regards,

Mark

Success is having what you want. Happiness is wanting what you have.