Australia
Re: What technique would you apply to neutralize Brazilian Jujitsu attacker

Quote:
Bob Strahinjevich wrote: View Post
Where was this, please?
It was at the Scarborough PCYC.

Quote:
Besides which, it's a little disingenuous to say 'handled' when you patiently did things that were outside the scope of that practice session, isn't it? That would be akin to me pulling out a gun and shooting you during Jiyu-Waza.
No it was just Ne Waza randori. However, I had no concept of "rules" so every now and again Allen would call "Shido". Allan liked to use me as a practice dummy for his senior brown belt, as I was bigger and had a little more resistance in me then his black belt (also I think the brown belt had sussed out the black belts tactics). I stopped training with him because I didn't like being used as a training tool for his competition. And I got injured due to this in my 4th and final class with him.

I will say I have surprised most of the judo clubs I have gone to, even Peter at Judo International () was surprised. However, I felt he was a little heavy on the competition aspect.

Quote:
Same question again.
I do most of my ground training on Friday day at ECU in Joondalup. The final 15 to 20 minutes of training is grappling. Occasionally we get a chance to do some on Tuesday night.

Regards

Graham Wild