View Single Post
Old 03-21-2007, 09:36 AM   #41
Ecosamurai

Dojo: Takagashira Dojo
United Kingdom
Re: Ki, Aiki, Aikido. The 'internal stuff' that never left Aikido

Quote:
Ron Tisdale wrote: View Post
1) are the exercises taught with hands on correction from the point of view of aligning the structure to best aid in the correct development of the internal connection and power skills.

2) is the logic of building these skills taught and understood clearly and methodically.

3) are these two items above wide spread.
Really good questions.

Quote:
Ron Tisdale wrote: View Post
Personally, I have seen portions of this type of development in various places, dojo, styles etc. But rarely have I seen anything approaching the system / logic / emphasis that Rob John, Mike S., and Dan display.

I don't believe I have ever seen such dramatic results either.

I think this should change.
I'm pretty sure I've seen it but without meeting Mike or Dan in person it's pointless for me to comment on whatr I've seen compared to what they can do. Closest we could come would be a series of posts of video footage of it all and I personally have no desire to go there myself.

I've seen enough people in aikido unable to do these things correctly that I too think it should change. I've also seen plenty of people in MMA, CMA, BJJ, karate take your pick who are unable to do these thigns properly that I remain unconvinced that there is any one true great training method out there, my own preference is for aikido but thats just me. I think it's mostly if not totally about who your teacher is and how you as a person are. I think that's what counts more than anything IMHO

Regards

Mike

"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."
-Martin Luther King Jr