View Single Post
Old 07-15-2008, 02:40 PM   #78
ChrisMoses
Dojo: TNBBC (Icho Ryu Aiki Budo), Shinto Ryu IaiBattojutsu
United_States
Re: Seiseki Abe Sensei video....whats going on here?

Quote:
Shaun Ravens wrote: View Post
Hi Josh,

SO GLAD YOU ASKED!!!!! the simple answer is, "NO!" - I would say that your conclusion is based upon a "Western minded" method of analysis.
That darn Josh and his Western mindset, if only he could be exposed to some Eastern thinking... (If you know Josh's background, you know why this is teh funnay).

Quote:
This is not a case where we compare when I make you cry by hitting you and you make me cry by hitting me harder. We know where that will lead us.
I don't need to speak for Dan, but this simply isn't what he's talking about.

Quote:
This is more of a case where you want to hit me, but I make you cry from loving you. Where might that lead us?
Can you go into more detail about what your talking about here (in real physical terms)? I'm having a hard time imagining how this can happen in an Aikido scenario. I've had a lot of people try to describe to me what they were doing in terms like these, but they were always using subtle strategies and dynaics that had nothing to do with my happy place. This is not a meant as a strawman or rhetorical question, I'm trying to understand what you're saying here.

Chris Moses
TNBBC, "Putting the ME in MEdiocre!"
Budo Tanren at Seattle School of Aikido
Shinto Ryu Iai-Battojutsu