View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 03:13 PM   #42
Marc Abrams
Dojo: Aikido Arts of Shin Budo Kai/ Bedford Hills, New York
United_States
Re: Steven Seagal seems like a jerk teacher. A bit at least...

Quote:
David Orange wrote: View Post
That's what I'm talking about. And I don't want to seem like that's the kind of thing I'm trying to do to Seagal, myself, or to his reputation, but that's what he puts out. I notice that when my little boy gets angry, he does it like me, and that is not good. But I know he's my mirror and that he's putting back what I've put out. I'm not in much of a place to judge other people at all, and I'm generally not qualified to judge even what they do, but sometimes...

In this case, I have to speak against the use of aikido to make money by exploiting the potential for hyper violence. And again, I can't stress enough that aiki involves deep influence of other people's subconscious minds. And to implant these kinds of seriously depraved images into that level of the public consciousness, through such a refined medium as the motion picture is seriously bad karma.

David
David:

I frankly miss the people who use to call the NYC school looking for a place to learn Steven Seagal's Aikido. I was doing a good sideline business in selling Aikido's Super Secret Credit Card -> "It slices, it dices your opponents necks into fine julienne strips.... !"

On the serious side, I am in sync with you on this one. As a parent and now grandparent, I am concerned about what we expose our children to. Watching our children repeat our own stupidity is bad enough, that we do not need other "role models" like that helping us out.

Look forward to training with you again in the near future (I hope).

Regards,

Marc Abrams