View Single Post
Old 12-25-2013, 02:40 PM   #70
Kevin Leavitt

Dojo: Team Combat USA
United_States
Re: Musings on a Hawaii IP Seminar

Quote:
Christopher Li wrote: View Post
We won't talk about the naked dancing and blood rituals at midnight, then...

You have to realize that a lot of the folks that train openly receive some kind of pushback (openly or not) from the conventional Aikido community, even over and above what's seen on Aikiweb, and that can make them touchy.

Best,

Chris
Well we have all done stuff we look back on and laugh about or are embarrassed about. I cannot believe how much things have changed. A couple of years back I found some old threads from the Aikido-L listserv from back around 95 or 96 when I first got involved with Aikido. It is amazing to see how far we've (I) have come in understanding, I think there is still much more to learn that has yet to be discovered. I remember the Ki wars from back in the day!

I am sure that my discourse and questioning must be frustrating for some, and especially for someone like Dan Harden. He has been where I'm trying to go, I am sure he is trying to save me time and frustration, but I am a knucklehead, otherwise why would I still be a Soldier! I have a need to ask tough questions and see things in my own terms.

Thanks all!