Thread: Ueshiba's Aiki
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011, 06:47 AM   #89
MM
United_States
Re: Ueshiba's Aiki

Quote:
Ken McGrew wrote: View Post
The fact that you're older than me doesn't make you right. For the record I've been training in Aikido for over 20 years with direct access and close access to a number of very senior martial artists in Aikido, Karate, Katori, Judo, and other arts. There isn't anything I've posted here that I did not learn directly and personally from these instructors.
Mr. McGrew,
Would you perhaps grace us with your list of senior martial artists that you've listed? Especially Katori. All the others are gendai, but you list a koryu. I'm curious whose name you are bandying and if they know you are doing so?

As for Aikido, I would guess that Bill Gleason (a highly ranked senior in your organization) isn't on your list. I would strongly urge you to talk to Bill. Actually, no, I take that back. I would strongly urge you to attend the very next seminar with Bill. If you are truly looking into Ueshiba's aiki, that is one of the best things that you can do.

For everyone, I don't mean to dismiss Saotome sensei in my recommendation to see Bill. I think very highly of Saotome sensei, but I think Bill can explain things better.