View Single Post
Old 02-20-2003, 06:36 AM   #5
Peter Goldsbury

Dojo: Hiroshima Kokusai Dojo
Japan
Re: Aikido Ranking Data

Quote:
Matt Holmes (mattholmes) wrote:
As an extention of the "Dan grade age" thread, which asked about people's average age for achieving Dan ranking in their dojos, I would like to collect data and create a study. I therefore request that anybody interested email me at aikidandata@yahoo.com with the following data:
  • The person's age
  • And if you know it, how long they have been studying
Thank you so much. Obviously, this won't take into account a number of factors, such as prior experience, association, etc, but hopefully this will yield some interesting data.

Have a nice day,

Matt
Mr Holmes,

Apologies for the seeming lack of cooperation, but there are too many variables in your original post. You say that you want to do a study, but I would want to know what kind of study. My own university students who want to do surveys are usually very careful about how they present the request and how they justify the requests for information they are seeking.

On the basis of your initial post, I think very few people would go through their records and give you the information you are seeking. I think I can speak for the Aikikai Hombu in this regard.

So perhaps you might give more information about the study you intend to do.

Best regards,

P A Goldsbury