View Single Post
Old 06-12-2000, 09:00 PM   #1
Norman
"Norman"
IP Hash: 82e59966
Anonymous User
Hello,
I am interested in beginning training in Aikido, but I have a few social questions.

I realize that it is a priveledge to be permitted to train in any dojo. Although I am worried that I may just be a "warm body". I am serious about devoting a great deal of time to the art, and I am worried that the Sensai may not accept me.

I have had previous martial arts training, but honestly, I havent been to an Aikido dojo yet. I am looking for serious training. Not the kind where each time you make a payment you get a belt.

I am trying to learn as much as possible to avoid any mishaps in etiquette during my meeting with the sensai.

I guess what I am looking for is an insight as to what to expect from this first meeting. and what would be the do's and don'ts to meeting the sensai.

Yes, I realize that I must sound very weak being so nervous, but I would like to be a serious student, and not be percieved as some kind of "flavor of the month" type interest.

Thank you for any help,
Norman

"We see the world as WE are, not as IT is, because it is the I behind the EYE that does the seeing"