View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 02:07 PM   #110
DH
United_States
Re: What paths lead to internal power??

Quote:
Matthew Gano wrote: View Post

Sorry if I've misread your meaning, but you seem to be implying something very different from my experiences...and I'm not speaking at all about the quality or presence of IP/whatever itself, purely the approach I've practiced which you seem to be now commenting on.
You did. There are certain rituals and practices that are indeed power building. but IP/aiki is not relegated and as simple as only that.
However, they are not "natural" nor is the various mind/body intent, and breath power training a natural affair. You will not get there without being shown. These things are far more mental and involve a learned control and discipline not a "oh yeah I do that everyday" tyoe of event. Look I have shown people into shinto and decades of misogi...they had no clue, could not even touch it. I had an MMA guy look at me last night and say. "It's so simple in concept..why can't I do it?"

What I said was contextual within aikiweb discussions
You know, those who advocate, "natural internal power", "everyone has it" or "shinto ritual involvement", and the "fascia from a medical view" and now the recently exposed and hollow "mathmatics and physics approach" as anything other than what you referred to as just more belief systems ...completely unable to deliver in the real world.
Look, anyone can do whatever they want, all the power to them. I am limiting my own discussions of their efforts;
To when they involve themsevles in these discussions and then insinuating what they can deliver by way of IP/aiki (or even potentially delivering) compared to what is being shown/ discussed in these discussions.
It is a very fair and even handed approach to what has gone on in the past.
Cheers
Dan

Last edited by DH : 08-10-2010 at 02:21 PM.