View Single Post
Old 03-12-2002, 09:04 AM   #1
tlurie

Dojo: Kinokawa Mt. Airy
Thoughts on Free Dojo Website Design

Hi everyone.

I study Kinokawa Aikido in Maryland, and I also run a small web design business on the side, Level Six Design (http://www.levelsixdesign.com).

I would very much like to give back to the Aikido community that has given so much to me, and I am thinking about offering hosting and my services to dojos around the world for free (yes, gratis).

Here is how it would work - I would purchase a domain (I'm eyeing aikidodojos.com, as it is available) and set up the hosting. Once ready, I could dedicate subdomains (aikidodojos.com/yourdojoname) to dojos that would like a clean, professional, simple website. I would be happy to update the information on these sites now and again, as long as it didn't involve a massive time commitment on my part.

At this point, I'm mainly testing the waters and seeing what people think, if there would be a significant amount of interest, etc. Please give me whatever feedback you have, and if enough dojos would like, I will make this a reality. At that point, people could start submitting information/pictures to me and I would start creating sites.

Hope to hear from you all soon.

Thad

"Leave your ego with your shoes: off the mats."