View Single Post
Old 03-17-2006, 11:23 AM   #70
Misogi-no-Gyo
Re: final lock doesn't work

Quote:
Roosvelt Freeman wrote:

Thanks for the reply.
You are quite welcome. Thank you for reading taking it in.
Quote:
Roosvelt Freeman wrote:
I have a question. A nage is lying on his back on the mat, arm outstreched, a uke is sitting on his arm. The nage lifts the uke up. How does it be done?

I hope you can answer the machanism in this.
Well without seeing the demonstration it would be impossible to tell. Even with seeing it, there are more than likely several methods. However, for the sheer joy in understanding the question without seeing the imaginary demo, I would need to know when you say, "...the nage lifts the uke up." do you mean the uke rises (falls, is thrown or what have you) off of nage's arm, or Nage raises his arm (and uke with it) where it looks like Uke is sitting on Nage's outstretched arm? The former I have seen and been on the receiving end of many many times. The latter I believe is mere fantasy, that is until I have been on the receiving end of it.
Quote:
Roosvelt Freeman wrote:
Disclaimer: I don't know how it's done. The answer is not important to me now. I have enough stuff to work on for another 3 years at least to get me into a basic "ki" level. I was looking for short cut. It seems there is none but hard work every day. Now, it's just curiosity.
Hard work is great is magical in two very specific ways. First is for those who will understand as it leads them where they expect to go. The second even more magical because for those who will never understand it leads them both in the opposite direction of where they expect to go and lets them believe they have arrived. I am sure you already understand exacty what it is I am saying.

Quote:
Roosvelt Freeman wrote:
????
Ganbatte - means Hold on; Go for it; Keep at it
Ganbatte (masu or kudasai) are other ways it may be used.

Last edited by Misogi-no-Gyo : 03-17-2006 at 11:26 AM.

I no longer participate in or read the discussion forums here on AikiWeb due to the unfair and uneven treatment of people by the owner/administrator.