Old 07-10-2010, 11:40 AM   #3
Mikemac

Dojo: Aikido World Alliance
United_States
Re: Recovering from a Herniated Disc

Quote:
Kevin Hagens wrote: View Post
Hi Peeps,
My work out regimen of Yoga, boxing/kicboxing, some running and circuit training (I like to cross train if you can't tell) of the last five months, has led me to a herniated disc. I had been working out 5 days a week doing a mixture two of the above programs for about an hour a piece.

Since then have been in tremedous pain, siatica and have started accupuncture and physical therapy treatments for the last three weeks...and am now just starting to get back into the gym. I'm unable to do martial arts, yoga or running right now, just some exercise bike for cardio and seated weight machines. Feeling a bit better and considering trying akido in the next month or two in place of my other martial training.

Has anyone had experience coming back from this type of injury? Any helpful hints for recovery? And what are you thoughts on doing Akido training inplace of my hard style boxing/kickboxing regimen?

Looking forward to your responses,

The Hebrew Hammer
Can you tell us of any particular incident or workout that you believe caused this? Was it sudden, or something that developed over time? This is very important.

"Hey! You got your kotegaeshi in my peanut butter!"