View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 11:14 AM   #78
MM
United_States
Re: Video definitions, "Aiki" and other terms.

Quote:
Brian Griffith wrote: View Post
Quick question for those who have been training/developing aiki for sometime...has/does your definition change as you develop...It seems to me as you learn/develop, the more your understanding (of aiki) changes/progresses and since the change is, from my very limited, understanding in "your own" body maybe that is why defining it for the masses is difficult.
Yes, definitely. I don't doubt that in a couple of years I'll have a different view of aiki. Not contradictory, but more in depth view.

The best general defining statement I can think of regarding aiki is this:

Aiki is an internally structured Self within a central equilibrium of infinite opposing spirals.™

Course, if you had told me that 4 years ago, I'd have gone ... What in the world are you talking about?!?

So, breaking it down, we have internally structured. That's what we're defining right now in this thread. Then you have central equilibrium which we've only touched on. Finally we have opposing spirals which we haven't gotten to yet.

In person with someone who has a decent amount of aiki ... mere minutes to know and define. 5-10 years to actually understand it in one's body to a workable level. Online ... I imagine people who haven't started training it will begin to train it long before we've finished defining it online.