View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 07:16 AM   #67
thisisnotreal

Re: The same basic teaching

Quote:
Joep Schuurkes wrote: View Post
Would you mind trying to define those: full body connection, mechanical structure and keeping 'ki' in the system? And why do you use two terms that make sense to my Western mind (the first two) and then add 'ki' as a component?
Full Body Connection: The tension throughout the body. The one we try to train .... to grow it without bounds. Always increasing the internal tensions... That is one way I understand the purpose of Shugyo.

Mechanical Structure: Macroscopic alignment of bones and joints. And the literal paths the muscles and tendons take when wrapped around the skeletal system.

Ki: Energy filling your muscles. Flexing takes muscles. Some 'intent' was sent to flex the muscle. There is much more to this. It is definitely a different and unique component from the first two.

Quote:
Think of the lungs: there always remains a small amount of air in the lungs to keep them from collapsing. So in a way, they are full all the time. Not completely full, as you do breath in and out, but still they are 'on' all the time.
Yes. I agree with what you say.
Actually; originally when I mentioned 'on' it was in regards to forming the tanden actively. In the previous post to Mark it was in respect to a different aspect.

Best,
Josh

Last edited by thisisnotreal : 06-02-2009 at 07:28 AM.