View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 11:28 PM   #3
Michael Varin
Dojo: Aikido of Fresno
United_States
Re: My rant of the day

Ahmad,

Thanks for posting this.

I largely agree and was actually thinking of posting something similar a few days ago.

While I don't consider myself one of the prime offenders, I know I have been guilty of some of the behavior you describe, and actually decided to refrain from posting for a couple months, because I felt that the "stance" I was taking here was not productive to nor congruous with my overall training.

I think it is important for us to recognize that we all have beliefs, assumptions, and interpretations of our experiences. And I doubt any of us knows the truth, although some may be closer than others.

In any case, changing the tone of the forum will require a conscious effort from most all of the regular posters.

It seems we should encourage honesty, clarity, open exchange of information, requests for information, pure questioning, genuine disputes, and collegial and dignified conduct.

-Michael
"Through aiki we can feel the mind of the enemy who comes to attack and are thus able to respond immediately." - M. Mochizuki