View Single Post
Old 01-20-2004, 05:57 AM   #12
Karen Wolek
Dojo: Kingston Aikido
United_States
I attend classes regularly at two dojos. My regular dojo only has an AM class on Saturdays at 9. I love that class! Even though I am NOT a morning person, I never miss the Saturday class (unless I am carless or away or something horrid like that). There's just a special "energy" in that class. We are all sleepy and groggy at first, but by the middle of class, we are full of energy. I, too, wind up really sleepy by midday, though!

The other dojo has an AM class 5 days a week. Tues (10), Wed(10), Thurs (10), Sat (11), Sun (11) I attend the Tues AM class every week and I love it! It's a tiny class..last week I got a private lesson, can't beat that! But normally, we have 2 or 3 students plus the teacher (one of my favorite Aikidoka). Since my night classes are normally much larger, it's great to get so much one-on-one time.

If I could, I would go to the other AM classes, too. I did attend the Sun. AM class a week ago.........that was a pretty big class with A LOT of yudansha. My regular dojo is only 5 years old so we only have a few blackbelts. Most classes the only blackbelt there is Sensei! So I'm not used to "too many chiefs, not enough indians" (to use a rather un-PC cliche).

I think both AM and PM classes have a lot to offer. Like my friend Kevin said, if I could I'd go to class morning AND night!

Karen
"Try not. Do...or do not. There is no try." - Master Yoda