View Single Post
Old 07-20-2010, 02:25 PM   #22
RED
United_States
Re: 5th kyu question

Quote:
Mary Malmros wrote: View Post
Oh jeez, like I'm going to be able to remember that. Well, if you google, you can find out what the USAF requirements are -- they haven't changed much for fifth kyu since I tested, I don't think. The reason I'm not going to remember, though, is that our test is always "Whatever Sensei wants". I really don't recall what that was for my test, but I don't believe we had any of kaitenage/udenage for fifth kyu. That said, there was a kyu test last Saturday, and the one poor guy who was testing for fifth kind of got dragged along with the people testing for 4th, and there may have been a kaitenage or two involved...I really don't remember. What's always there is suwariwaza, typically ikkyo, nikkyo, sankyo, kotegaeshi, iriminage and maybe shihonage...same stuff standing...eh, I don't remember what all else. It's really not that many different techniques, just from different attacks, with different openings, standing, suwari waza, hanmi handachi.
USAF doesn't introduce kaitenage until 3rd kyu. Suwariwaza at 4th, hamni handachi until 3rd.
The test technique requirements haven't changed since the 1980's.

MM