Thread: Strength vs Ki.
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 03:11 PM   #116
graham christian
Dojo: golden center aikido-highgate
England
Re: Strength vs Ki.

I see this thread has brought up a lot of side issues. That's o.k. from the view of seeing different perspectives on things.

I think it's been quite interesting myself.

The ip followers stuck in pr as they can't show visuals or discuss the system or individual exercises that they do. Thus they have no choice but to say come and see for yourself.

Tony basically saying less pr more show.

Meanwhile Toheis Aikido neither understood, validated or indeed seen as anything to do with the thread.

I did notice that earlier Dan seems to imply that he is taking what Tohei did that step further. Huh.

On the other hand others say it was taught as just a part of what they were doing of no further significance than that. Fair play, at least that's honest.

I will however point out that Tohei was around at the same time as these other talked about teachers be they Tomiki or whoever so his way is also old school but not the same. Would I put down Abbe Senseis way or Tomiki Senseis way? No.

Oh to be understanding and respectful without the need to put another way down or promote yours as better.

Anyway, have fun.

Regards.G.