View Single Post
Old 10-01-2003, 10:51 PM   #7
bcole23
Dojo: Eagle Rock Aikido, Ammon, ID
United_States
I've just recently come back from breaking my index toe (Yes, I have a big toe, index toe, birdie toe, ring toe, and pinkie toe; I've been told others only have a big toe and 4 other toes). Anywhoo, the main thing you can do is give it time to heal!!! If you don't then you'll have a partially healed, utterly nagging injury that will just never go away. I was out for 6 weeks and in that time, I've treated my toe like a king. Now, I'm doing toe rehab every day, rebuilding the atrophied muscles in that one toe and trying to get the joints flexible again. I've broken 3 different toes and can tell you this from my experience, the closer the toe to your pinkie toe, the more effective buddy wrapping is for me. The closer to the big toe, buddy wrapping is actually detrimental to the healing process because the toes in this area are more articulate and tend to actually pull on the effected toe more. But that's just my opinion.

Also, when I first had my toe broken (irimi tenkan right on the toe), I thought it was dislocated because of the angle and where the angle originated. I'm certainly glad that I had it x-rayed and didn't try to pop it back in. You may have a cracked joint or something worse. If you have insurance, I'd get it looked at just in case.

%us = map { $_ => q{belong} } @your_base;
http://www.eaglerockaikido.com