View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 06:10 PM   #86
graham christian
Dojo: golden center aikido-highgate
England
Re: Golden Center Aikido for your pleasure

Quote:
Ed Duffy wrote: View Post
I guess you have to internalize however you can do it. Samurai wise and buddhist wise may be the same thing depending on what time in Japanese history you are talking about. Buddhism has had it share of violent moments and still today in certain parts of Asia, some Buddhist sects are violent and even kill Christian missionaries. So be careful how you categorize. Can you send me a homepage of the Aikido dojo you practice KI at? Also what dan are you and in what specific style (because it is not pure KI Aikido)? I understand where you are coming from as far as harmony. However, in every Shin Shin Toitsu Aikido dojo I practiced in, this was the ultimate goal, however the end result of KI causing pain in the waza still existed (and will always). You can only transcend peace and harmony so far without the deeper understanding of KI breathing (misogi). How often do you do KI breathing exercises as prescribed by Tohei Sensei?

May God bless!

Ed
Thanks for your opinion Ed.

When I categorize in person the person has no doubt of the difference so no need to be careful how I categorize.

You tell me you can only transcend with the deeper understanding of misogi breathing. That's not the only way, it's a way. I would have to look up Toheis methods to answer you for all I know is what I do. How often? All the time I breathe from centre.

I do have a question for you though. What do you think my view of Shin Shin Toitsu Aikido is? You seem to be defending it.

Regards.G.