View Single Post
Old 04-28-2006, 11:32 PM   #67
DH
United_States
Re: Any instructors here ever challenged?

Quote:
Neil Mick wrote:
The point is, Dan has been making his criticisms known over a long period of time, repeatedly, and often. When someone finally calls him on this and asks him to back up his words in front of a group of Aikidoka in an Aikido dojo: he balks. His excuses? Too busy; wife wouldn't approve; etc.

In essence, these all sound like excuses. He wants to critique Aikido, fine...be my guest. But, its his excuses for not attending the seminar with which I take umbrage, not his problems with Aikido.

And apparently, the "jo trick" only seems to work in Dan's dojo. Why wouldn't he jump to make good on his word and settle the whole thing, when all he has to do is make a pleasant, all-expense-paid trip to Virginia?
Neil
Who are you that I would bother to cross the street to prove a single thing too? So, a few disgruntled people here got their feelings hurt. Hopefully most are intrigued enough to seek the instruction where they may.
For you- anytime you wish to visit let me know. No need to be friendly-I won't be. The fact that you or anyone else needs to travel this far to experience such a simple thing as the jo trick- speaks volumes of both the state of "Aikido in the west"- as Mike puts it, and your own personal skill level, not to mention the many other things that are above it.
In one fell swoop you reveal the level of that you wish to defend. And of what I have been saying all along-
That you need teachers in the art to learn these skills.
For -your- impertinence..........may these skills ever allude you.

Dan
P.S. Almost single handedly you afirm why I would not waste my time

Last edited by DH : 04-28-2006 at 11:39 PM.