View Single Post
Old 04-16-2005, 05:08 AM   #43
"babaker"
IP Hash: e89b54c2
Anonymous User
Re: Patronising beginners

Quote:
Szczepan Janczuk wrote:
When you practice MA one day you may be called to use your skills do defend your life, or life your family, friends, country...May be you will have to kill somebody, or not to kill him, and continue to live with consequences of your decision.

May be you will have to give your own life to protect someone....you see, it's serious matter. You practice in the dojo to forge you spirit and body. In that context, any patronizing or other form of harsh training is meaningless, it's simply out of our interest. If somebody fells that it is a big drama, he very probably should find another hobby.

Hey, Szczepan ... get a grip! Tone it down a few decibels, will ya?

As true as your post might be, to dwell on it, like most people do, will just drive you and everyone around you stark raving mad.

If it was me reading this in my teens, I would read this post, tuck it away in the depths of my memorys until experience gave it some kind of meaning. In other words, read it and then forget about it.

There are no guarantees in life, just that it is.

There will be patronizing people, and then there will be nice helpful people, but no matter if everything goes to hell in a bucket ... at least you can enjoy the ride.