View Single Post
Old 06-25-2008, 03:58 AM   #9
eyrie

Australia
Re: Aikido™ and Aiki…do. Where are we at?

Quote:
William Hazen wrote: View Post
I just got back from teaching a class with emphasis on Kokyu and so after reading your most excellent post I have deduced that....

Gosh IT I have done my best to explain it and I guess I just don't know what I am talking about....
I guess not... and I hope I'm not being as blunt as Rob J... BUT it does make me wonder how you can actually "teach" kokyu... if you can't even explain "it" to me here.

Quote:
I leave you with a story which illustrates my feeble attempt to convey the awesome internal power of Aikido to you via the World Wide Web.

"The nun Wu Jincang asked the Sixth Patriach Huineng, "I have studied the Mahaparinirvana sutra for many years, yet there are many areas I do not quite understand. Please enlighten me."
The patriach responded, "I am illiterate. Please read out the characters to me and perhaps I will be able to explain the meaning."
Said the nun, "You cannot even recognize the characters. How are you able then to understand the meaning?"
"Truth has nothing to do with words. Truth can be likened to the bright moon in the sky. Words, in this case, can be likened to a finger. The finger can point to the moon's location. However, the finger is not the moon. To look at the moon, it is necessary to gaze beyond the finger..."
Wow... just wow... I ask about internal strength in Aikido™ and you quote Zen...

Ignatius