Thread: Shirata Rinjiro
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2011, 10:43 AM   #31
Allen Beebe
United_States
Re: Shirata Rinjiro

Hello Peter,

They called the POLICE!

(Governmentally sanctioned and enforced budo eugenics in action??)

Thank you for sharing. As always, you are a wealth of information and good humored stories.

Peter, Ernesto doesn't speak Japanese, and I don't know how to be polite in English, much less Japanese, even when I try. (Shut up! You know who you are!! ) However, if we were to be accompanied by a trusted adviser . . . Or do you think the presence of such an august adviser might appear too politically charged and defeat the entire purpose? I'm serious. I haven't been back to Yamagata in about 20 years, but I'd eagerly go back for this. Might your curiosity help to clear your undoubtedly busy schedule??

Thank you very much for the みちのく合気 tip. There are, as I'm sure you are aware, recent issues online, and I'll dredge around for past ones . . . especially the more distant past ones! The remarks you shared about R. Shirata and M Saito in Tohoku are just as you say. I'll leave the "context" of their relationship to Nidai Doshu to your authoritative voice.

BTW, I will be in the Netherlands from the end of July through the beginning of August. Will you happen to be around? I greatly enjoyed our last chin wag! (You wag and I'll listen!)

All the best,
Allen

Ernesto,

Congratulations on your BIG NEWS!

Sincerely,
Allen

~ Allen Beebe