View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007, 07:17 AM   #110
Angela Dunn
Dojo: Hartlepool/Peterlee/Billingham
England
Okay I am the OP....

and I am feeling fairly okay enough to post under my real name now. This is probably going to be my last post on this thread UNLESS theres later comments I want to respond to. We shall see.

Just wanted to give a quick update on what happened since for those who where kind enough to offer advice and show some interest.

The guy in question never came back to the dojo or the organization. I think this was his own decision, if the higher uppers in my dojo did discuss what happened with him then I do not know the circumstances around that nor do I want to.I do not think they did though. As I mentioned in other posts I did tell my Sensei what had happened and we did talk about it and what it meant in terms of training with him etc. He give select details to other people in class and one day maybe I will tell people what happened. Or they recognize my name on here and read about it as I know a fair few people in my dojo do read these forumns.*Shrugs*

In fact I have never seen him or heard from Sir Wan of Kerr (clearly not his real name!) as I have been calling him since. In some ways this is a good thing as part of me feels relief at that, the other part of me wishes he had/would come back so I can ask him just what where you thinking that night and give him a few choice words and gestures . (Also to show him actually , yeah you done this to me but if you think that stopped me from getting on with my life ha your wrong! In fact eventually it made me realise a few things and in a strange way realise sure bad things happen but I have choices and can do things to change crappy situations. Which may sound slightly child like but in reality thats how I feel...and as a not so direct result of getting attacked and the support I got afterwards, both from the dojo and unofficially from professionals (Lucky me doing voluntary work within a counseling organization so I do plan to take up there services if I feel the need to regarding this in the future but they have give me training I could adapt to my own needs with this which is definitely helping for now)This event pushed me into making a few decisions. Now I am in a new role at work, am making the most of training opportunities both in and out of my dojo and generally am happier with life. )

So slowly getting over what happened then. And for those wondering I made the choice not to report this, maybe I should have for many valid arguments made in this forumn but in the end simply could not bring myself to do it.

Again thanks to everyone who did take the time to offer advice, opinions and support. It give me a lot to think about and it really was appreciated.

Ange.